Flag Season Details
Updated Saturday February 24, 2018 by Christine Pulsifer.
Flag Program Overview
We know as new parents to the program that you will probably feel overwhelmed from all of the information outlined below. We want you to have as much information as possible so that you understand the commitment involved.
This year we are proud to offer two travel teams. We will have a co-ed team for grades K/1 and 2/3.
Our season will begins in August. You will be contacted by a coach in July with details on when practice will begin. It typically begins the second week of August on a week night for about 1-1/2 hours.
Registration Fee: $75.00
Tentative 2018 Dates:
- Paperwork Hand In: July 30th-August 10th
- First Practice: TBD (can begin as early as the week of August 6th)
- Roster Picture Night: August 7th
- League Jamboree: TBD (this date is set by the Central Mass League we are affiliated with, but is usually the 3rd weekend in August)
- First Regular Season Game: TBD ---usually the weekend following the Jamboree
- End of Season: usually the end of October
- Flag Players are issued the following: Game Uniform (yours to keep)
- Flag Parents/Players are required to purchase the following: Cleats (recommended) or sneakers, Protective Cup and Athletic Supporter (recommended) Mouthpiece (recommended)
Our league is part of the Central Mass Youth Football and Cheer Conference (CMYFCC) which is affiliated with American Youth Football (AYF) League. AYF is the world's largest youth football and cheer league. Being part of this conference/league requires us to follow certain policies and procedures for insurance purposes. The following paperwork will need to be submitted to play:
- Birth Certificates: 1st time participants are required to submit a Birth Certificate with a raised seal to show proof of age.
- Player Packet: AYF forms that are needed to play
- Physical/Medical: All participants should be medically cleared by a doctor to play any sport.
- Report Card: Academics should be the # 1 priority to our players. Students that are not meeting academic benchmarks cannot participate in our program.
- NSYFCA Forms (General Info for Players & Parent Code of Conduct): Our league has expectations of our players and families and we wanted to be clear on how our league operates.