Flag Season Details
Updated Sunday June 17, 2018 by Christine Pulsifer.
Flag Program Overview
We know as new parents to the program that you will probably feel overwhelmed from all of the information outlined below. We want you to have as much information as possible so that you understand the commitment involved.
This year we are proud to offer two travel teams. We will have a co-ed team for grades K/1 and the new Flex Flag Football for grades 2/3.
Our season will begins in August. You will be contacted by a coach in July with details on when practice will begin. It typically begins the second week of August on a week night for about 1-1/2 hours.
Registration Fee: $75.00
Tentative 2018 Dates:
- Paperwork Hand In: July 30th-August 10th
- First Practice: Thursday, August 2nd
- Family Pizza Night: Thursday, August 2nd
- Roster Picture Night: August 7th
- Last day to submit paperwork: August 15th
- League Jamboree: Saturday, August 18th at Grafton High School (time is determined by host team, but plan for early morning)
- First Regular Season Game: TBD--- August 25th or 26th
- Calendar Raffle Money Due: Thursday, September 20th
- End of Season: usually the end of October
- Flag Players are issued the following: Game Uniform (yours to keep)
- Flex Flag Players are issued the following: Game Jersey & Flex Padding (soft shell shoulder pads and cap)
- Flag Parents/Players are required to purchase the following: Cleats (recommended) or sneakers, Protective Cup and Athletic Supporter (recommended) Mouthpiece (recommended)
Our league is part of the Central Mass Youth Football and Cheer Conference (CMYFCC) which is affiliated with American Youth Football (AYF) League. AYF is the world's largest youth football and cheer league. Being part of this conference/league requires us to follow certain policies and procedures for insurance purposes. The following paperwork will need to be submitted to play:
- Birth Certificates: 1st time participants are required to submit a Birth Certificate with a raised seal to show proof of age.
- Player Packet: AYF forms that are needed to play
- Physical/Medical: All participants should be medically cleared by a doctor to play any sport.
- Report Card: Academics should be the # 1 priority to our players. Students that are not meeting academic benchmarks cannot participate in our program.
- NSYFCA Forms (General Info for Players & Parent Code of Conduct): Our league has expectations of our players and families and we wanted to be clear on how our league operates.
All Flag families are asked to sell 5 calendar raffles and return $50 by September 20th. Calendars will be handed out the first night of practice and will give you 1 1/2 months to sell them.